Schneider Electric, leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, is harnessing the capabilities of generative AI (GenAI) to empower customers and transform its internal operations.
Key highlights of Schneider Electric's use of GenAI include:
Schneider Electric is building on the foundations of a long-standing partnership with Microsoft. Microsoft Azure OpenAI is being integrated, to develop solutions that use algorithms to generate text, code and other types of content. This has enabled Schneider Electric to rethink its approach to various operational processes, streamline time-consuming tasks, optimise resource allocation and gain speed and efficiency.
- Resource Advisor Copilot - using Large Language Model technology via Microsoft Azure OpenAI, Schneider Electric built Copilot as a convenient digital partner embedded in Resource Advisor. Copilot helps customers with enhanced data analysis, visualisation, decision support and performance optimisation and the ability to process complex industry knowledge and Resource Advisor system information.
- Jo-Chat GPT - an internal conversation assistant based on Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service, allowing employees to securely take advantage of Generative AI capabilities.
- Finance Advisor - this conversation assistant, which contributes to annual savings of 10 million euros. It provides a simple and effective way to find accurate information for financial analysts in accounting and other functions within finance. Furthermore, Finance Advisor helps achieve consistent, compliant and timely decision-making.
- Knowledge Bot - an assistant that helps customer service agents find the right information for customer queries and suggests an appropriate answer based on extensive internal documentation.
- Conversational search - helps companies search for the products they need in a natural conversational style using semantic search capabilities.
Schneider Electric also plans to integrate Github Copilot to further improve processes and activities for quotation generation. As well as Sales Copilot to give frontline employees more capabilities.
The AI hub organisation at Schneider Electric was launched in 2021, before GenAI technology became commonplace. With the emergence of these new tools, the company created a dedicated GenAI core team to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to detect early opportunities. At the same time, Schneider Electric conducted a survey of GenAI capabilities across all business units and selected more than 200 potential use cases and opportunities.
Schneider Electric's adoption of Generative AI and integration with Microsoft Azure OpenAI underlines their commitment to remain at the forefront of technological innovation in energy management and industrial automation. The companies are focused on using advanced technologies to increase efficiency, foster innovation and achieve sustainable growth.
"Microsoft Azure OpenAI enables Schneider to develop agile, scalable, cost-effective and AI-powered solutions in line with our shared ambitions for a sustainable and digitised future." says Dominik Wee, Corporate Vice President, Manufacturing and Mobility at Microsoft.
Schneider Electric's portfolio of solutions, built on Microsoft Azure, offers its customers next-generation cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and advanced data and AI capabilities.
Together, the two companies help customers bridge the gap between setting ambitious sustainability goals and achieving them.